LAPTOP GUIDE || COMPLETE IDEA BEFORE PURCHASING LAPTOP
1) How will you use your laptop
- Light use :
Simple, everyday activities like surfing the web, em ail and social media, watching movies or streaming content
- Medium use :
Typing for work, browsing the web, editing documents and photos and basic ga m ing. This could include students or professionals who do a lot of research and could have multiple documents or tabs open at a time.
- Heavy and Demanding use :
Includes content creation, heavy programming, specialized applications such as Auto CAD, Photoshop and MAT LAB, as well as heavy gaming.
A laptop’s performance is based on 5 main things.
- Internal storage
- Graphics card
2a) Processor :
Processor is the brain of the computer. The better the processor the better the work rate.
Processor Types: Processors are made primarily by two companies – Intel and AMD.
- Intel has its Pentium, Celeron and Core i3, i5, i7 & i9 series
- AMD has A, FX and Ryzen series of processors
2b) RAM :
More the Ram better would be Multi Tasking
- RAM stands for Random Access Memory and is what stores a ll the open apps, files and games you may be playing
- More RAM allows more of them to be running simultaneously.
- Typically laptops come with 4, 8 or 16 GB of RAM
RAM Type :
- DDR4: Faster, efficient power consumption
- DDR3: Older, slower & consumes more power
2c )Internal Storage
- This is where all the documents, photos, apps, games and movies are stored.
- Storage on a laptop is where the operating systems are installed.
- Without sufficient storage, you will not be able to store anything, and it will also impact the speed of performance.
2d) Battery :
The more the battery capacity the more the hours of usage
- Things like screen brightness, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, type of processor and even the load on your CPU will impact battery life.
- Gaming, video playback, heavy editing etc can all speed up battery drain noticeably.
- Bigger batteries usually mean heavier laptops.
2e) Graphics Card :
- A graphics card is a dedicated chip inside your laptop,responsible for the quality of visuals you see on your screen .
- Just like RAM the more the GB’s in your graphics card, the smoother you r games will run, even i n Full HD or 4K resolution.
- Photo and video editing software like Photoshop, design software like AutoCAD, and of course most modern games require a dedicated graphics card to function smoothly.